Sunday, September 8, 2013

DIY Tree Ring Holder

Have I mentioned that when I was younger I loved clay. Clay days were by far the best days growing up. I am sure I'm not the only one who thinks that! And, to be honest, not much has changed. 
I also love Pinterest. It has the greatest ideas for DIY projects - like the one I am about to show you. 
Two of our good friends are getting married (they did yesterday so I can post this now) and I wanted to create pieces for their gift that meant something. One thing I know was that my girlfriend (who is the bride) got an amazing engagement ring- and I'm sure a wedding band to follow. It was just plain beautiful (good job Mark)! But, when you have such a beautiful ring, you do not want it to get ruined. So,I thought a great idea would be a ring holder. Thank you, again, Pinterest for having the greatest idea for a wedding ring holder - a tree stump with their initials carved into it.
First step: Walmart for clay. I went with air dry clay because I heard it was not as easy to break. 
Step two: create your clay mold. 
Step three: let it dry. Mine took about a week to be comfortably dry. 
Step four: paint away!!!
Finished product. Hope she loves it as much as I do!!!

P.s. I might make one for myself :)





No comments:

Post a Comment