Sunday, September 8, 2013

DIY Food Tray

Another DIY wedding gift.
We visit Home Depot and Lowe's more then we do the bathroom (love mark down house items). One day we saw circular wood boards on mark down. At first I had no idea what to do with it but, thank you to Pinterest, a wedding gift was the perfect way to use it - as a tray. Like I said in a previous post, we wanted to give our friends more personalized gifts for them to remember their day and their new name together. And, since it turned out amazingly - I want to do this for everyone!! 
First you want to sand down the edges and top/bottom.
I traced their name, free hand drew a sunflower and then wrote the date they are becoming one. 
Once dry, use any wood stain you want and stain away! I use a rag when staining so there are less drip marks. Add handles on the side and voila! Beautiful personalized wedding gift. 



No comments:

Post a Comment