Monday, August 5, 2013

DIY Pin-tucked Duvet

08/05
We really needed(a.k.a. wanted) a new comforter and if you have ever looked to purchase one...they cost at least a couple hours of working. And, of course, the style we like is a more expensive then other styles. Surprise Surprise.
Style:


Luckily for us, I have been having a Do It Yourself itch lately. Onto google I went. Not very long into my search I found this gem of a website: http://www.livingonthechic.com/2010/01/diy-pin-tucked-duvet-cover.html
And today was the day I took on the project. 

I first measured out where I wanted the pin-tucks to be. (I got the first two rows done and then guesstimated the rest)

I put pins in so I would know where to sew.

Once you have the sewing machine ready, take the pin out of place and pull the selected spot and twist. Sew back and forth a couple times so the stitches do not fall out.

Once the tucks are all done, sew your three sides and a little on each end of the fourth. Shove your comforter in it and shake....
Then Voila!



Next project will be the pillows....... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment